Friday, October 14, 2005

An Acolyte in the "Religion" of Evolution

In response to my post on DEFCON related to Dubyah's "code" about Harriet Miers beliefs, a gentlemen by the name of Jose took umbridge at my predicting Miers beliefs as a matter of dogma as follows:

"I bet you believe in the Theory of Evolution of Spicies (sic) by Natural Selection. Now that is a religiion (sic) and a dogma as people hold to it without reason. All of the scientific evidence contradicts it even though many scientists”believe” in it."

Jose's basic point being that "belief" in evolution is "dogma" while belief in Christianity, or at least Jose's belief in christianity, is based upon a "...careful examination of the evidence" (*cough, cough*). That the same "scientific evidence" that contradicts evolution Jose?

Anyway, I couldn't resist responding as follows:

Yup, you caught me Jose. I’m an acolyte in the Religion of Evolution. We BELIEVE for no reason whatsoever. Fossils aren’t evidence, DNA similarity isn’t evidence, observations related to genetic drift and natural selection aren’t evidence either. So tell me, what do you make of the discovery of the fossils of Buitreraptor Gonzelzorum (how’s THAT for a moniker. Say that fast 10 times I dare you!) in South America or those diminutive human like bones on the island of Flores? You figure this little beastie with serrated steak knife like teeth and those Hobbit like creatures had a place on the ark? How did they get from the mountains of Ararat to Indonesia and South America?

Now since you’ve found me out, I have to admit that not only is evolution part of our religious dogma, but so is the theory of tectonics along with all the rest of geology, paleontology, zoology, botany, anthropology, astronomy, cosmology PLUS a fair chunk of chemistry and physics.

Yup, you found us all out! It’s all a lie. Your computer doesn’t REALLY work, nor does your car. There are no antibiotics, no dialysis machines or cat scanners. All of science and all of the technology that has been derived from science is based upon dogmatic beliefs. Us scientists don’t test hypothesis, don’t run experiments, don’t trek to god awful places to make observations and don’t fight like cats and dogs over the implications of new information. We just BELIEVE in things like evolution simply to counter your well thought deductive conclusion about Christianity. Yes sir, I’ll come clean, as a Staff Scientist for 20 years I’m steeped in dogma. Yup, you done found me out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home