Monday, November 07, 2005

Dover Trial Ends

Well, the trial in Dover is over and the judge has promised to render his decision by the end of the year or early January.

Gee I wish I had his job. Do you suppose he has any other decisions to render in this time frame? Its going to take him somewhere between 6 and 10 weeks to render a 10 or 20 page decision with a few references? Like I said, I wish I had his job.

As to what he will decide, who knows? When this all started I said the most that could be hoped for was a decision that the Dover School Board’s decision was religiously based. I guess the worst would be some sort of declaration that it’s ok to mention and/or teach Intelligent Design.

I still suspect a very narrow decision related to the Dover board itself and I now suspect that any decision will be appealed looking for a reversal and/or a decision of wider scope.

I don’t see any way, given the evidence, that the judge can find the school board’s actions constitutional, but I’m biased. Like I said, I wish I had his job.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home